Cover Image Competition 2024
Calling budding equine photographers! Do you have any creative, innovative or appealing photographs of your member of the equine family? If so, why not enter our cover image competition?
The winning image will feature on the programme cover for the 32nd National Equine Forum, which takes place on Thursday 7th March 2024 (#NEF24), as well as in other #NEF24 contexts.
The deadline for entries has now passed (it was 12 noon (BST) on Friday 22nd September 2023). Entries received shall be judged using the following criteria: composition, clarity, originality, audience appeal, and suitability for purpose, with the winner notified in early November 2023 via email. Please note the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Full details, including the Terms & Conditions, can be seen below.
Picture: NEF23 Cover Image, courtesy of competition winner Claire Evans Watkin.
Cover Image Competition Terms & Conditions:
- The competition will see the winning picture feature on the programme cover for the 32nd National Equine Forum, on Thursday 7th March 2024;
- The winning picture might also feature across our website, social media platforms and other media, as well as being used within other imaging, documentation and items associated with NEF24;
- The winning entrant will receive the choice of either one ticket to the National Equine Forum 2024 or a luxury hamper;
- All photographs must have been taken by the entrant. The entrant must not be a professional photographer (one who makes a living from selling their images). It is important that all photographs have been taken by the entrant, and not a third party. Photographs belonging to a third party should not be submitted. Failure to observe any of these rules will be result in disqualification of the photograph and any other photographs submitted by that entrant;
- Photographs must be supplied in a digital format with a minimum size of 150 x 115mm (1,722 x 1,358px), 300 dpi, or at least 2MB, and must not be subject to copyright. Photographs below the specified sizes will be excluded from the competition. Photographs will be used in a portrait layout;
- Your equestrian themed entry must not include any image of an identifiable person;
- The horse, pony or donkey photographed should be your own, or you must have the permission of the owner to submit the image;
- The winning image may not be used in its entirety – it may be cropped;
- Entrants should complete the entry form on the National Equine Forum website. Upon submission, entrants will be forwarded the email address to send their image to. The form will request the entrant’s name, address, telephone number, confirmation that they are over 18 years of age, that the file size is correct and a description of what is depicted;
- The entrant details supplied by you will be held on file by The National Equine Forum for the sole purpose of administering the competition and for a further two years for the legitimate purpose of getting in touch with you regarding your entry. After this, your details and images will be deleted, apart from the winner's images and details;
- Entrants will also be given the opportunity for their image and details to be passed to the BETA (British Equestrian Trade Association) 2024 Calendar Competition (see details here);
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age;
- The deadline for entries is 12noon (BST) on Friday 22nd September 2023;
- The following judging criteria will be used: composition; clarity; originality; audience appeal; and suitability for purpose;
- The winner will be notified in early November 2023 via email;
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into;
- There is not alternative (including cash) to the prize offered; and
- The entrant gives the National Equine Forum permission to publish the photographs in the printed version of the programme and to use the digital image across the National Equine Forum’s website, social media platforms, and other media, as well as other imaging, documentation and items associated with NEF24.